Privacy Statement EUTRACO
Your personal data is collected and processed by the EUTRACO group, including EUTRACO HOLDING NV and all related companies.
Hereinafter referred to as "EUTRACO."
Scope of the privacy statement
EUTRACO places great value on privacy and is committed to protecting the (personal) data of all its stakeholders with the utmost care and processing personal data only in a fair and lawful manner. This privacy statement applies to our customers, partners, and website visitors for the personal data that EUTRACO collects and processes through this website and related services.
This privacy statement contains important information about how and for what purposes EUTRACO, as the data controller, collects and processes personal data, and clarifies the rights you, as the data subject, can exercise.
Processing of Personal Data
Personal data can be defined as any information that can directly or indirectly identify a natural person. You can provide us with your personal data in the context of the following activities, for the corresponding purposes and based on the reasons mentioned:
- For sales and marketing purposes: EUTRACO may use your name and contact information for direct marketing campaigns to inform you about promotions related to the products and services that EUTRACO provides, and to contact potential future customers. We may also use the data to formulate targeted offers, for example, via email. We send these communications based on the legitimate interest of EUTRACO when we notice that you are interested in or could benefit from our services or products.
- Survey/Feedback: Based on the legitimate interest of EUTRACO, we may use your contact information to assess, evaluate, and improve the services offered. For this purpose, we may send questionnaires or customer surveys or ask you to fill out a customer feedback form.
- Contact form or correspondence: By filling out the contact form on the website, you agree that EUTRACO processes your name, email address, phone number, and your question or message. If you contact us directly (by email, phone, or letter), we will process your contact details and the content of this correspondence. We use this information only to handle your question or message.
- Job Application: By filling out the job application form on the website/sending your CV and motivation by email, you give EUTRACO permission to process your name, email address, CV, and motivation for the job application. If you contact us directly or interact with us regarding a job application (by email, phone, letter, or social media such as LinkedIn), we process your contact details and the content of this correspondence. We use this information only for your recruitment process and keep your data only longer within the framework of a recruitment reserve with your consent.
- Whistleblower Program: By filling out personal data in the whistleblower reporting tool, you give consent to process that personal data for handling your report. We use this data only to properly handle your report.
- Other Relationships: We collect contact information from our current or future suppliers and partners. We process this information to enter into and manage our agreements and business relationships. This processing is therefore based on the conclusion and execution of our contracts and business relationships.
EUTRACO considers your personal data as confidential and commits to processing it only in a manner that is compatible with the purposes for which the data was initially collected.
You have the opportunity to exercise your rights at all times as described in the General Data Protection Regulation. Specifically, these rights include:
Right of Access to Your Personal Data
Right of Access to Your Personal Data
Right to Rectification
Right to Erasure ("Right to Be Forgotten")
You can request the deletion of your personal data from EUTRACO's systems.
The request to erase your personal data may not always be granted due to contractual or legal obligations. EUTRACO takes these obligations into account when responding to your request.
Right of Objection
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data when the processing is based on the legitimate interest of EUTRACO or on grounds of public interest. We will cease processing unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate reasons for the continued processing or for the exercise of legal claims. You can also object in the case of the processing of your data for direct marketing purposes, so that personal data will no longer be processed for these purposes.
Right to Withdraw Your Consent
For the processing of your personal data collected by EUTRACO with your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time. However, the withdrawal of your consent does not apply to processing carried out by EUTRACO before the withdrawal.
Right to Restriction of Processing
In certain cases, the data subject has the right to obtain restriction of the processing of his or her personal data. We will continue to store your data, but we will limit its use. You can make such a request, for example, if you believe that your personal data is incorrect or if the processing by EUTRACO is not justified. We are only required to fulfill these requests in specific cases as determined by law.
Right to Data Portability
The data subject has the right to receive the personal data concerning him or her, processed by EUTRACO, in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and/or to have that data transmitted to another controller.
The above rights can be exercised free of charge by contacting our Data Protection Officer (DPO) via email at email@example.com or by mail (Schoondonkweg 32, 2830 Willebroek). We commit to responding to your request within one month of receipt. It is possible that we may request additional information to confirm your identity and ensure that the request is indeed from you.
Right to Lodge a Complaint
If at any time you believe that EUTRACO is infringing on your privacy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Belgian Data Protection Authority: Data Protection Authority, Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels, Tel +32 (0) 2 274 48 00, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure to Third Parties
EUTRACO refrains from disclosing or selling personal data of data subjects to third parties and publicly disclosing the personal data of data subjects, unless in the following specific cases:
- Personal data may be shared between different branches of EUTRACO if such transfer is necessary for the provision of our products or services in accordance with the predetermined purpose.
- Personal data may be shared with external service providers to whom EUTRACO has outsourced certain processing activities. In any case, these providers are limited to processing your personal data in accordance with our instructions, and, if necessary, a data processing agreement will be concluded to ensure their compliance with all obligations required by applicable data protection laws.
- If required by applicable laws or regulations.
Regarding international transfers of personal data and processing outside the European Economic Area (EEA), your data will only be transferred to other EUTRACO branches or third-country parties, such as software vendors and cloud or mailing services, if permitted by applicable data protection laws. We ensure appropriate safeguards to ensure that your rights are also respected by the data recipient outside the EEA in accordance with an adequate level of data protection.
Retention of Your Personal Data
EUTRACO acknowledges the importance of protecting personal data. We do not retain your personal data longer than strictly necessary to achieve the purposes for which we received the data, for the performance of a contract, or to comply with a legal obligation. The retention periods vary depending on the type of processing activity and the purpose for which the personal data was collected.
Personal data collected based on your consent will be retained by us as long as your consent remains valid.
We retain customer and supplier information about your purchases for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill our agreements, to comply with our legal obligations (such as accounting and tax obligations), and to resolve disputes or enforce agreements. Therefore, this personal information is retained for the duration of our contractual relationship and for three subsequent years.
In all cases, personal data may be retained for a longer period if there is a legal or regulatory reason to do so, or for a shorter period if the data subject objects to the processing of their personal data, and there is no longer a legitimate reason to retain them.
We assure you that limited access to archived data is provided, and your personal data is deleted or anonymized when the retention period has expired.
Security and Confidentiality of Your Personal Data
EUTRACO has implemented technical and organizational security measures to prevent the destruction, loss, falsification, alteration, unauthorized access, or disclosure of your personal data to third parties and any other unauthorized processing of this data.
We have taken and continue to make efforts to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the information systems and services processing personal data. These measures include physical and operational security measures, access controls, awareness clauses, and confidentiality clauses. All our employees and third parties engaged by us are obligated to respect the privacy and security of your data.
EUTRACO reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement, including to adapt to changed services or changed legal and/or regulatory obligations. Changes to this Privacy Statement come into effect at the time of publication. We recommend that you regularly review our Privacy Statement.
Last Update: January 2024